Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

List of Seminars?

uw2014uw2014 Registered User Posts: 258 Junior Member
edited May 2011 in University of Washington
Is there a website I can look up 1/2 credit Seminars at UW? Or can anyone list some that are interesting and/or fun?

Thanks.
Post edited by uw2014 on

Replies to: List of Seminars?

• speedsolverspeedsolver Registered User Posts: 1,919 Senior Member
    I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for...

But go to the General Education Requirement Course Search:
    General Education Course Search

And select the specifics for classes you're looking for. Under credit range, select 1 to 2.
  • uw2014uw2014 Registered User Posts: 258 Junior Member
    Okay, thanks; that can help. Is there anything wrong with a sophomore taking seminars or do departments prefer seeing graded classes?
    As long as your entire schedule isn't all seminars, it's fine. I've been taking two 1-2 credit seminars per quarter all year so far (so hitting 17, 18 credits each quarter).
    Okay, thanks. What seminars have you taken? Which do you recommend?
    Autumn:
    -Honors 100 (Honors freshman)
    -CSE 190 (CSE direct admit seminar)

Winter:
    -Honors 350 (Terrorism, Counter insurgency, Reconstruction - Honors seminar)
    -CSE 590 (Change seminar, not restricted to CSE majors)

Spring:
    -CSE 390 (Systems/Software Tools - Linux, basically)
    -Music 185 (Concert Season, 2cred)

So hmm. Actually my courses ^ wouldn't be of much help unless you were in the departments :|

Music 185 should probably be full by now - they only do overloads for graduating seniors, apparently. It's pretty much a 2 credit (but 1 hr / week) class where people walk in and walk out with a 4.0 Take it winter quarter or something! =)
    Here's the section information: https://sdb.admin.washington.edu/timeschd/uwnetid/sln.asp?QTRYR=AUT+2011&SLN=16986
    haha I actually did take Music 185 during winter quarter this school year. Yeah, I 4.0'd it without needing the extra credit. Looks like they're charging $20 for the class now. Luckily I took it before they did that.
    Oh, nice!

Yeah I saw the $20 and was taken aback.. I don't remember having to pay that for this quarter! Haha

//'subscribes' to thread for future suggestions of seminars :P
  • momomomomomomomo Registered User Posts: 392 Member
    I haven't taken it, but I've talked to people who said the Global Health seminar was good :) I can't remember if it's GH401 or 201
This discussion has been closed.