right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

What do you think, Can I get In????

washingtonian151washingtonian151 101 replies25 threads Junior Member
edited November 2005 in University of Washington
It's crunch time... and i've gotta make a final list of colleges. I love the UW, mainly becuase i've grown up around it. Do you think I could make it in?

Asian Indian Male from Seattle Suburbs (Born in India, but now US citizen). Lived here for 13 years.

GPA; 3.2 uw / 3.6 w
SAT; 740 M/ 650 V

Honors/ AP; 10 honors classes (9-11th grade)/ 3 AP classes (11-12th)

EC's;
-Tennis (JV captain junior year (good team)), Varsity senior year. 4 years total.
-Marching Band (internationally acclaimed, we've won awards in dublin, england, and canada, and just got invited to be in the holiday bowl) 4 years
-Marching Band president and Lt. Drum Major
-Track (1 year)
-Bowling team (yes it's a sport at our school) (1 year)
-ASB elected official (2 years)
-Link Crew (like big brother). 1 year.
- Wind Ensemble (4 years)
- DECA (1 year, only available to seniors)
-Volunteered 100 hours at the Pacific Science Center

Awards/ Achievements;
-Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth since 5th grade

Do you think I'm in?
edited November 2005
5 replies
Post edited by washingtonian151 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What do you think, Can I get In????

• Wombat306Wombat306 264 replies13 threads Junior Member
    i think you have a definite chance of getting in...especially if you live in Washington...(btw...how's the Asain Indian population there? I'm thinking about applying there too, though it'll be out-of-state for me :( )
    · Reply · Share
  • simfishsimfish . 1022 replies103 threads Senior Member
    Your GPA is below average. Is there a reason for it? Starting this year, the UW has overhauled its admissions process, rendering the admission index obsolete, so they'll be more holistic in evaluating your application.
    · Reply · Share
  • sevenseven 170 replies2 threads Junior Member
    70% +/- 10% depending on essay
    · Reply · Share
  • washingtonian151washingtonian151 101 replies25 threads Junior Member
    alright thanks... btw, does the UW have a pre-law advisory program?
    · Reply · Share
  • seaissaseaissa 63 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I know the uw has a couple clubs like phi alpha delta among several others. They don't have a specific program for law though. The closest thing to that is the Law, Societies and Justice Major. I don't know if that actually answered your question but that's a couple of the opportunities for those interested in pre-law/law.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity