right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

what is legacy?

mamba_nambamamba_namba 16 replies4 threads New Member
edited December 2005 in University of Washington
it's like when your parents went to UW, right?

does it help alot in getting you admitted?

if both my parents went to UW, and my sibling aswell, is that a triple legacy?

just curious
edited December 2005
2 replies
Post edited by mamba_namba on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: what is legacy?

• live-live- 774 replies36 threads Member
    If your parents have been regular donors, yes it will help, sometimes a lot.
    · Reply · Share
  • carpecollegecarpecollege 373 replies63 threads Member
    i've heard that it doesn't help at someplace as big as the UW. Although they aren't using the academic index anymore, so it might help, but i still think they care way more about grades, etc. than legacies, especially because at the UW there would be ALOT of people applying who are sibs or legacies.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity