right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Double degree

SRL184SRL184 10 replies4 threads New Member
edited February 2012 in University of Washington
Hey. I'm a veteran. I can get half price tuition up to 225 credits at UW. My GI Bill only covers 180 credits. I want to do a double degree: BS in Psych, BA in English. Why? I just do. I planned it out perfectly: exactly 225 credits. I would graduate with the class of 2014 and the double degree schedule would enable me to be in the psychology honors program which I otherwise will not be able to do.

I will go into the debt to do the double degree if I have to, just so i can justify staying in school long enough to make the 2 year commitment to the psych honors program, but since the law states that I am eligible for the reduced tuition -- and since I laid my frikkin life on the line so I could make something of myself after all -- I am hoping UW will not give me the shaft and let me pay the reduced rate.

Here's the catch: In order to do get the reduced tuition, I have to write a letter explaining how this double degree is important, crucial even, to my prospective "career." (Career? Puhlease. Do millennials even have "careers"? Baby-boomers...::rolls eyes::) Obviously you can't get a career, or even a job necessarily, with EITHER of these degrees without going to graduate school -- which I do plan to do (for psych) as soon as I can, but apparently that won't be for a few years after I graduate.

So can anyone think of job/occupation/"career" that I would be best equipped to pursue with this double degree and possibly/preferably ill-equipped to pursue without it? Honestly I feel somewhat entitled to this and KNOW why I am doing this for my own personal reasons. But they want me to name a career so that is what I must do.
edited February 2012
2 replies
Post edited by SRL184 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Double degree

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity