Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Registering for Classes: No Professor Listed

udub12udub12 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited June 2012 in University of Washington
I don't know if I should register for a certain class because there is no professor listed on the autumn course time schedule. Does anyone have any tips or insight about registering for a course even though no professor name is shown? Is this an okay thing to do, or should I only register for classes that have the name of the professor? Thanks
Post edited by udub12 on

Replies to: Registering for Classes: No Professor Listed

• speedsolverspeedsolver Registered User Posts: 1,919 Senior Member
    It's an okay thing to do. It just means that the department hasn't actually sent in a professor's name for the professor. Either that or the professors are still trying to decide their schedules.

However, this may mean that you're taking a gamble if you're concerned with certain professor teaching styles.
  • udub12udub12 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm not really one to gamble with classes, but i would really enjoy the time of the class section that does not have a professor listed (it is ENG 200, but the 1:30 class does not show a professor name). I don't really know what to do...should I just take a different class? (None of the other times for this same class would work for me)
  • speedsolverspeedsolver Registered User Posts: 1,919 Senior Member
    How many credits do you have right now? Is it possible to take this class (and wait for the prof name to come out) and another class as a back up? You can hold up to 19 credits right now.
  • udub12udub12 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    No, I'm in 15 right now. So this class would put me at 20, which is too much right now.
This discussion has been closed.