Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Work Study

micyltmicylt Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
edited July 2012 in University of Washington
Does anybody know much about the work study program? I looked at everything on UW.edu.
I'm wondering if it pays for 20-50% of your tuition and you get paid on top of that?

Thanks
Post edited by micylt on

Replies to: Work Study

• seatacseatac Registered User Posts: 585 Member
    I believe that the financial aid office just allocates a certain amount of money that you will be able to earn doing something for the U or an outside organization. It might be several hundred dollars or thousands, depending on your need.

Depending on the amount they give you and the pay rate of your job, you will have to work from a couple hours a week to a dozen (or even more probably).

You will get your paycheck just like a regular employee, but it supposedly should go towards your tuition and other related expenses. But eventually you decide.
This discussion has been closed.