right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Somebody please chance me

Rac123Rac123 10 replies3 threads New Member
edited November 2012 in University of Washington
Unweighted GPA: 3.5 (Instate) *I know this is very low, I messed up bad first two years of high school
BUT I had a 3.9 last year so...upward trend
5 AP Classes, 1 honors class
AP Scores: APUSH (5) *I want to major in history
SAT: 2000 (730cr, 660m, 610w)
SAT II: US History (800), World History (700)
Key classes Senior Year: AP CHEMISTRY, AP ECON, AP LIT, AP GOV

Key EC's
President of my school's model UN (3 years)
Vice President of Debate Team (1 year, founding member)
A few other clubs but no positions
I volunteer at my local foodbank and have been since last year, should have over 70 hours
I also have a part time job as cashier at a local restaurant

Basically I feel like my GPA might ruin everything for me. Its really low because I frankly didn't care about school when I was in 9th and 10th grade. These are basically the main components of my application. The reason I am posting right now is to get REAL feedback. Don't worry about hurting my feelings just please be honest with me. UW is my dream school...so do I have a chance?
edited November 2012
1 replies
Post edited by Rac123 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Somebody please chance me

• EskimokelsEskimokels 99 replies12 threads Junior Member
    Good SAT, ECs and upward trend in the GPA. UW does the whole holistic approach (i.e. GPA isn't the only factor) but I'm not sure of the weight they put on each part. Someone else probably knows more in that area.

You're not out of the game yet. I think you still have a good chance (IMO of course.) :)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity