right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Transfer Orientation Dates?

PrincipessaAnnaPrincipessaAnna 59 replies7 threads Junior Member
edited July 2013 in University of Washington
I'm still waiting for the UW to receive/record my documentation. I'm wondering what orientation dates those who were accepted earlier had to choose from? I want to get one as early as possible but I'm also planning my summer vacation. Thanks!
edited July 2013
10 replies
Post edited by PrincipessaAnna on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transfer Orientation Dates?

• PrincipessaAnnaPrincipessaAnna 59 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Okay, I think I found the information on the First Year Programs:

Possible Transfer Orientation Dates:

July: 7/16, 7/18, 7/22, 7/23, 7/24, 7/25, 7/30
    August: 8/1, 8/6, 8/8, 8/13, 8/15, 8/20, 8/22, 8/27, 8/29
    September: 9/17
    · Reply · Share
  • alexandrab14alexandrab14 52 replies0 threads Junior Member
    When I registered for mine my only options were July 22, 23, 24, and 25. I am sure there are more, but those were the only days I had access to in the drop down menu. I registered Saturday June 22nd.
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks for the info. The other ones were probably full. I'm thinking that I may not be able to get into a session until August.
    · Reply · Share
  • RoseVanessaRoseVanessa 6 replies1 threads New Member
    I called the first Year Programs this morning and what they told me is that your orientation date options depend on your major. Because my major is Biology, the only date available for me are July 22nd and July 23rd. General admission oriention sessions start on July 16th.
    · Reply · Share
    @alexandrab14: Looking at the calendar again, I realize the dates you got are the days the calendar is marked with "A&S", presumably that's Arts& Sciences. So maybe there are slots available on the earlier dates for non-A&S transfers?

@RoseVanessa: Yes, I will make an updated post with majors.
    · Reply · Share
    Possible Transfer Orientation Dates:

July: 7/16 (General, Foster), 7/18 (General), 7/22 (A&S), 7/23 (A&S, Foster, Enviro), 7/24 (A&S), 7/25 (General, A&S), 7/30 (General, Foster)

August: 8/1 (General), 8/6 (General), 8/8 (General, Foster), 8/13 (General), 8/15 (General), 8/20 (General), 8/22 (General), 8/27 (General), 8/29 (General, Enviro)

September: 9/17 (General)
    · Reply · Share
  • alexandrab14alexandrab14 52 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Yes mine was A&S but I had checked both general and A&S originally so that I could see what dates fit my schedule best. They actually emailed me 3 days after I registered saying that they accidentally added the wrong dates for my major. This was after I already booked my flight! luckily it ended up working out though and an adviser agreed to meet me.
    · Reply · Share
    @alexandrab14 - Glad everything worked out!

I was able to register for a 7/22 A&S session - the first general session available was 8/1 so I just switched my major of interest on the FYP page to one of the A&S majors so I could get the earliest date possible.
    · Reply · Share
  • ColegmarooColegmaroo 26 replies0 threads New Member
    I'm a transfer and my A&O session in July 16th. I got my acceptance letter really early though (in May), so I was able to register for the first session.
    · Reply · Share
  • CollegeDreams22CollegeDreams22 20 replies2 threads New Member
    ^^ Mine's the 16th, as well.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity