right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

CSE 142 book

kevinsauerkevinsauer 89 replies17 threads Junior Member
edited September 2013 in University of Washington
For those that have taken CSE 142 with Reges, is the book very important? I see that his powerpoints explain the information pretty well. Since I'm in the process of getting my books now, I was wondering if I should get one for CSE 142 or wait until after the first 2 weeks.
edited September 2013
2 replies
Post edited by kevinsauer on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: CSE 142 book

• Nameless_StudentNameless_Student 196 replies12 threads Junior Member
    I've taken CSE 142 but not with Reges, the material in class is pretty much a repeat of what's read in the book, the teacher goes through them pretty fast... You can skip lecture if you read the book, but not sure how well it would work the other way around. If you plan on taking 143, they use the same book...
    · Reply · Share
  • sumzupsumzup 782 replies17 threads Member
    It's a good book, but I got more than enough utility out of lectures/lecture notes and random googling.

If you have other CS (or 142) related questions you can find me on Twitter (@sumzup) or ask people in the CSE group on Facebook.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity