Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Winter 2014 Foster UAG Current/Transfer Accepted/Pending/Denied?

2»

Replies to: Winter 2014 Foster UAG Current/Transfer Accepted/Pending/Denied?

• yellowsmithyellowsmith Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    @seatac I chose marketing as my option. Thank you for your response! helped a lot. I had another question though (don't know if I'm spamming the thread or not :/ sorry) but is it better to take CMU 301 or ENGL 281 for the writing class? And any classes you don't recommend taking in the same quarter?
  • seatacseatac Registered User Posts: 585 Member
    It depends on your wants and needs :-) BCMU 301 w/ HOCHBERG should be good. I doubt it would be writing-intensive though; there will be a good part of speeches, teamwork, and presentations. BCMU 301 with Dimeo is also interesting. Dimeo is a very good person and an interesting lecturer. It's not writing-intensive at all. However, there are two speeches, a quarter-long team project and a presentation in the end. BCMU 301 is a very good class to get to know people (many of whom happen to be from the business school also, of course). However, it's hard to beat the curve in this class. Every point counts.

I don't know how it goes for marketing, but I wouldn't recommend taking, say IBUS and MKTG 301 in one quarter because both of them involve a lot of reading. And so does MGMT 300. Also, try not taking classes with a lot of teamwork in one quarter: MGMT 300, IS 300, and, I believe, IBUS. Unless you have a lot of free time after school and meeting with your team won't be a problem.

I do recommend taking Apurva Jain for OPMG 301 this Winter. He is a good teacher. The class doesn't require a textbook. I spent on average 2-3 hrs/week on this class and got a very good grade.
  • NoyamHugzNoyamHugz Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    @yellowsmith 5.5 in wsa? That's amazing bro! You must write really good essays. I think we have pretty close stats on gpa. See you in foster next quarter! I scheduled an appointment at the end of next week (apparently the schedule is too full to fit me into anytime in between) and I am going to have my classes for winter figured out.
    @seatac I saw you in a lot of threads when I was googling around! I am excited to see you here. I am a finance major. Do you have any suggestions for me about course taking and professor choosing? Thanks!!
  • seatacseatac Registered User Posts: 585 Member
    @NoyamHugz, I decided not to convert this thread into a conversation about Foster from a thread where people discuss their decisions :) I have my answer here: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-washington/1575004-foster-advices.html#post16556444
  • CokeZer0CokeZer0 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    I got accepted

also bump
  • marslove3marslove3 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    Does anyone who is accepted to Foster for Winter 2014 know when the orientation dates will be? I am not in Washington, but would like to make sure I am back in time in case I get in. :)
    @marslove3
    On the decision letter, it's on Wednesday, November 13, 2013, from 3:30 - 4:30p.m. at Paccar Hall, Rm. 392. I am pretty sure that this is for uw natives only. Yours may be held within a week of the decision notification date.
    @NoyamHugz
    Okay, thank you! That makes sense. :) So did you get your notification through email?
    Accepted!!! So excited!

Combined GPA 3.56
    Pre-application GPA 3.83
    WSA Score 3.25
  • dontcougit22dontcougit22 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Checked my foster app today and found out I got accepted! Transfer from Edmonds C.C. with 3.59/3.92/5 admission stats. Good luck to everybody.
2»
This discussion has been closed.