Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

UW Autumn 2014 Transfer Thread

Replies to: UW Autumn 2014 Transfer Thread

• FortyEightFortyEight Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello all, I've been following this thread for about a month now. I JUST received my acceptance letter into Mechanical Engineering. It looks like the letter was written on the 21st of July and it was in my mail box today. Also, this morning my transcript finally loaded saying "Junior" in the year column and Major "Mechanical Engineering".

Good luck to everyone! I hope you all get in. This thread has been extremely informative. 10/10 Would apply again =P.

Also, note that my letter says that I must accept the offer by 5pm on August 1st. They explicitly mention wait listed students in the letter. I hope none of you are on the wait list, but if you suspect you are, there is still hope.

One last thing, new student orientation for Mechanical Engineering doesn't start until September, and they will notify the time and date via e-mail.

Anyway, Good luck everyone!
  • crazycootercrazycooter Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I've also been following this thread for quite a while and appreciate everyone sharing their info. I just got a letter in my mail box from Mechanical Engineering. I'm in! My letter is also dated July 21. My transcript actually loaded a few days ago, and I got my BIG envelope on Tuesday, which seemed weird having not heard from ME yet.

I'm so glad that the wait is over and I'm excited to start classes!

Also, my Application status still has a red x under the "decision email sent" heading.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.
  • Tricky19Tricky19 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    For the email from CEE got in! Whew if ME doesn't work out I at least got my second choice! Have to let them know by 8/1 hope I hear from ME before...
  • jenny4399jenny4399 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    I have a question for all of you engineering students. For the engineering application did you have to include references from teachers, employers, etc.?
    I was told we only needed references if we were denies and wanted to appeal... I am guessing this is because otherwise there were too many people applying, and tree times that many references...
    Thanks, I am still considering possibly applying to engineering next year, I was way too busy this year to put aside time to work on the application and couldn't remember if references were needed or not :D
  • choi57choi57 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    My acceptance letter came on July 17 in a white envelope. No yellow envelope for me though. I'm a sophomore, and intend to major in Linguistics. Can't wait to see you guys on campus :).

There's still a few more days left for the decisions for those who are still waiting. "Don't stop believing~"
  • swingline888swingline888 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Got my big packet from UW as well as an acceptance envelope from mechanical engineering today. Got into all the engineering departments I applied for, woo hoo!
    Got in ME too! Awesome... though having a bit of an issue with UW admissions... will hear from them next week!
  • remedyremedy Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't think it's possible to get accepted to a major and not GA anymore. My ee advisor said gen ad waits for the department's decision and the department notifies them for the ok. But the other way around is possible
  • Jazz49Jazz49 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    I'll be a junior transfer this fall, does anyone know where transfers live? Do they usually live on campus or off? As transfers where are all you guys living? I am kinda stressed about finding a place, I might be homeless!!! lol
  • remedyremedy Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I'll be living off campus. Just search craigslist I'm viewing couple houses today
    We are hoping to move to family housing, but for now are in an apartment near the university.
  • Husky1995Husky1995 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Planning on applying to UW for winter and wondering what all of you that have just gone through this think of my chances: transfer gpa 3.45 , one year at a 4 year college then back to a WA CC and finished my AA. All prereqs done for my major, strong essay. Thoughts? Anything I can add that will increase my chances before I push the button on my app?
    Explain why you need to go to UW, they give some people a hard time, if they went to a 4 year college before attending the community colleges. Just focus on describing anything that caused you to switch schools, get bad grades, or just hard times in general, as well as what you hope to do at UW. When we were at our orientation session, the very last speech was from a guy that talked about how special we were for being accepted into UW, and that the admissions counselors saw something in us and our applications, something special/unique that would benefit UW. I hope that was helpful and good luck :D
This discussion has been closed.