right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Applicant Locations

PerfectAzianPerfectAzian 0 replies4 threads New Member
Sorry if I'm posting something wrong or if a thread like this already exists, entirely new to this :p.

Anyways I got accepted and am planning to go to UW, but I'm coming from Kansas. Not to bash on KU or anything, but not a big fan....pretty flat over here. I realize the majority of the incoming class will be from Washington and nearby states, but I just wanted to get an idea of the locations of everyone who is or may be coming to UW. I appreciate any input and I was wondering for an out-of-state guy like me, would there be any advice to offer?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Applicant Locations

• caroline257caroline257 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I don't really have any advice (though I would be grateful for some), but I'm from Kansas and planning to go to UW, too!
    · Reply · Share
  • nightmelodynightmelody 55 replies7 threads Junior Member
    According to http://admit.washington.edu/QuickFacts/Freshmen#freshman-class-profile, about 67% of Freshman are from Washington State. The top 10 states are: WA, CA, OR, HI, CO, TX, IL, NV, AZ, ID, UT

At my school (in-state, is really close to UW's campus), anywhere from 35-50 students every year attend UW. Most schools around here, depending on their size, send a lot of students as well. For us, UW is right next door, and a great school at that, so most of us end up applying, even if they don't chose to go. That's why the great majority of the class is from in-state.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity