right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Best Dorms at the University of Washington?

cotecccotecc 0 replies2 threads New Member
I was wondering if someone could describe the difference between the North and West campus and the merits of each? Also, which dorms are the 'best'? I will be a freshman at UW this September, and I'm trying to figure out housing. I value a certain degree of privacy, I couldn't imagine sharing a room with two other people in the triplet rooms, but I'm also looking to make friends of course!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Best Dorms at the University of Washington?

• puckerfencepuckerfence 26 replies15 threads Junior Member
    yes im looking for info on dorms too. i would like to be in the most social dorms just so that its easier to make friends right off the bat.
    · Reply · Share
  • KrimsonKrimson 9 replies5 threads New Member
    are there any dorms that are coed or they all same-sex?
    · Reply · Share
  • nightmelodynightmelody 55 replies7 threads Junior Member
    edited March 2014
    ^All the dorms are co-ed. I don't think any dorm is single-sex. Most American universities are like this.

https://www.hfs.washington.edu/housing/default.aspx?id=309 :

Rooms, clusters and apartments are assigned to students of the same sex. The majority of residence hall floors have students of both sexes living on them, though single-sex floors are available upon request.

Bathrooms in the residence halls are sex-specific. Students of the opposite sex are not allowed into bathrooms not designated for them. Doors to bathrooms designated for females are equipped with locks, and female residents of the hall are provided with keys.
    edited March 2014
    · Reply · Share
  • puckerfencepuckerfence 26 replies15 threads Junior Member
    thank you eskimo that was so helpful!!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity