right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Bad Junior Year...Quick Chance Please?

oliveannesleyoliveannesley 15 replies3 threads Junior Member
I believe my stats are decent overall, but my downward trend is still obvious, which is a huge bummer. I'm a rising senior but because of earlier applications this year, I suspect my senior grades won't be taken into account.

I am In-state :)

GPA: UW 3.82
(My school's Weighted GPA system is really weird...)
Fresh: 4.0
Soph: 3.87
Junior: 3.61

APs: 4 (Taking 5 next year)

SAT: 1480 (Taking again in August)

ECs: Soccer (8+ years-- not in school team, but advanced from Rec -> Select -> Premier)
Musical Theatre (2 yrs: We won state 1/120 my junior year)
Debate (3 yrs: Several regional awards, nothing big)

Volunteer Work: Hospital volunteering starting this summer (100+ hrs), Church volunteer (100+hrs), Debate Judge (30+), Misc (several hr+)

An EC and some drama withing it is a huge reason I tanked a lot of 2nd semester Junior year...also some family drama, but of course, it was dramatic relative to me so I think it should be duly noted.

Thanks so much for taking a look, fellow College folks!

4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Bad Junior Year...Quick Chance Please?

• AroundHereAroundHere 3600 replies22 threads Senior Member
    Really hard to chance you without a major. Some majors are extremely competitive.
    · Reply · Share
  • halpmehplz99halpmehplz99 23 replies5 threads New Member
    You're fine lol

You have good EC's to compemsate. Your GPA has a downwards trend but mine was worse (4.0→3.7→3.6→3.4) and I still got a DA into Biochem with Similar EC's (100+ hours at a hospital, 5+ years of leadership, 1st chair varsity violist etc etc etc).
    · Reply · Share
  • oliveannesleyoliveannesley 15 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I'm looking into Speech Therapy (very competitive) but that's not an option until I hit a certain credit standing, I believe. My parents didn't go to college here so I'm still learning about the college process, and I'm not sure how much my major will affect me if I can't apply until end of sophomore year-ish.
    · Reply · Share
  • AroundHereAroundHere 3600 replies22 threads Senior Member
    It looks like for admissions purposes you would be a general arts and sciences admissions. That's not one of the super hard ones to get into. It should be do-able. But, of course nothing is guaranteed.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity