right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

***Official UW Class of 2022 Decision Thread***

Replies to: ***Official UW Class of 2022 Decision Thread***

• UWfromCAUWfromCA 1336 replies54 threads Senior Member
    edited January 2018
  • bogeyorparbogeyorpar 751 replies31 threads Member
    @UWfromCA , which ones are based on Merit only? Is the 'Honors scholarship" the only one?
    · Reply · Share
  • UWfromCAUWfromCA 1336 replies54 threads Senior Member
    Purple and Gold Scholarship:

“Selection, by the Office of Admissions, is predominately academic, but also incorporates activities, achievements, leadership and socio-economic factors. The scholarship, which is not need-based, is renewable for four years as long as the recipient maintains good academic standing.”

Additional scholarships:

“The University also offers scholarship programs awarded through the UW Honors Program, Washington NASA Space Grant and many of our academic departments for freshmen (including non-resident students). Some of these scholarships are not need-based and do not require filing the FAFSA.”

https://www.washington.edu/financialaid/types-of-aid/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships/
    · Reply · Share
  • BoogeymanDoodleBoogeymanDoodle 27 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Chance me
    3.62 GPA Unweighted
    1400 SAT score
    Exceptional Essay/Background/Personal Hardship
    Running Start(3.51 GPA)
    Taking upto Calculus 2 and physics 221
    Worked since middle school(30 hours +)
    Will have AA and HS diploma at the same time

· Reply · Share
  • PVanNessPVanNess 4 replies0 threads New Member
    UW GPA: 3.76
    School doesn't weight gpas
    ACT: 30
    SAT: 1350
    In State at top 10 HS
    5 APs: AP Gov, AP Calc AB, AP CS A, AP Physics C, AP Lit
    EC: 4 Year Varsity Rower (Captain Senior Year), Eagle Scout, Local School District STEM camp volunteer, NHS,
    Research Internship at UW Medicine, UW College Of Engineering ASM Material Camp participant.
    Awards: Biomedical Engineering Student of the Year (from my HS junior year), National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholar

Very Solid Essays.

Chance me? Applying for Engineering.
    Good luck to everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • Tennisboy2022Tennisboy2022 106 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hi I wanted to know if anybody got their uw net I'd.

Thx
    · Reply · Share
    Nope, still haven't heard anything about UW portal.

This got to be a national record -- application deadline 11/15, and no portal info until late-Jan. Are they always this late? Or is something wrong this year?
    · Reply · Share
  • Merapi42AMerapi42A 93 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Haven't heard anything too until now
    · Reply · Share
    @bogeyorpar when I first submitted they emailed me saying I would get my net id in December then in the first week of December I got a mail saying due to our application surge we will send ur net id before mid-Jan and today is already Jan 16th. So I'm kinda of worried.
    · Reply · Share
    As long as nobody has gotten the portal, nothing to worry about -- except, maybe, how much did the applications surge and how much will the admission rate drop.
    · Reply · Share
  • labegglabegg 2531 replies48 threads Senior Member
    UW doesn't release decisions until mid to late March, correct?
    · Reply · Share
  • celeste64celeste64 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Hey yall, I was looking for some advice regarding my application.. so I put my gpa on a 4.0 scale when i actually meant to put it on a 5.0. I also put that i took 0 science lab courses in high school on the coursework overview but i did put them on my profile coursework section. I was wondering if I should email first and see if they can help or should I just call the office of admissions to explain myself better?
    · Reply · Share
    @labegg yes their filling period is from March 1st to March 15th. So you can a decision anytime in this bracket.
    · Reply · Share
  • Yoyoman112Yoyoman112 14 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Hi there, I was wondering if I could have some insight on whether or not I have a decent chance of getting in to UW.
    I am an in-state student at a fairly competitive high school. I want to eventually get into Fosters to study accounting. My stats are listed below.
    3.49 UW GPA
    33 ACT (Superscored)
    I have taken 6 semesters of honors classes and five APs; Microeconomics, Stats, and currently in Calculus AB, Gov, and Comp Sci A.
    My current classes are Physics, Foods 1, AP Government, AP Calculus AB, AP Computer Science A, and Senior Writing.
    I feel like both my diversity essay and main essay are quiet strong. My main selling point was that I had taken Latin for four years, two of which I studied every Saturday during the school year and summer. in the additional information I included that I have received multiple concussions for contact sports which made focusing and remembering class material very difficult. Other extracurricular achievements I have are:
    Studying Latin abroad in Italy for an immersion credit
    Receiving Gold and Silver awards on the National Latin Exam
    State qualifier for DECA
    Leader of Entrepreneur Club
    Won a programming competition in the Summer
    Wrote a research paper with my Grandma who is a professor
    Won an award for my AP Statistics project at my school.
    Thanks for your input!
    · Reply · Share
    Still no portal? 10 days to the end of January ...
    · Reply · Share
  • uwhopeful2022uwhopeful2022 13 replies1 threads New Member
    I just checked the website and now it says we'll get emails for the NetID at the end of this month...
    · Reply · Share
  • labegglabegg 2531 replies48 threads Senior Member
    I suppose the ID/portal access is not particularly necessary until closer to the decision dates in March.
    · Reply · Share
    @uwhopeful2022 , which web site did you check?

@labegg, very true. If it's like any other portal, after checking reception of application materials, it has no use whatsoever until the day the decision comes out.
    · Reply · Share
  • CrazePhilCrazePhil 45 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Can anyone chance me?
    OOS from MA
    Computer Engineering
    4.16 WGPA (school does not do UW)
    6/303 (now 5th though)
    1410 SAT
    Emotional essay about personal hardship
    Some ECs are:
    Martial Arts
    Model UN (won awards)