right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UC Berkeley CS L&S - UDub CS

ergunackzergunackz 21 replies10 threads Junior Member
Hello
I made a similar post here:
https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-berkeley/2180091-uc-berkeley-l-s-cs-udub-cs.html#latest
I am an international student and as you all know going to college is a heavy investment. 3 weeks ago I got into University of Washington CS program (directly admitted). I thought I was done and I already cut the hope of getting into UC Berkeley so I was really ok with it. Yesterday, I got into CS in L&S.(basically undeclared I guess) I am having a hard time to choose between them.
Berkeley is prestigious at CS. For me, even I am in L&S there is no difference between EECS except one thing. Maintaining that 3.3 GPA. I am not interested in electrical engineering. There might some differences I don’t know but I am happy with L&S.
Now, being directly admitted to University of Washington’s CS program which is prestigious as well and blessing.
For finance, there will be 10k difference at most and I don't think it will be a problem but it is a factor to consider. I want you to share your experience in UDub to help me to make right choice. I want to be happy during my university years.
Thank you for your contributions :)
0 replies
· Reply · Share