right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Civil Engineering student transferring Fall of 2020

asalahdinasalahdin 0 replies1 threads New Member
I am transferring from Green River College to either UW Seattle or Seattle U this fall. I have already been accepted to Seattle U and am waiting for UW (any day now...). Seattle U has been very active in engaging future students. I am curious about the experience for students who have been accepted to UW's engineering programs. How is the campus support and what is the education like? I was told Seattle U is more hands on where UW is more theoretical. I would love some past or current students opinions.
Thank you for your time.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Civil Engineering student transferring Fall of 2020

• AroundHereAroundHere 3602 replies22 threads Senior Member
    Engineering will have hands-on lab classes no matter where you go. UW will not reach out to you and offer support - it will be up to you to seek it out when you need it. Your profs, TAs, and undergraduate advising will have suggestions, but only if you ask.
    · Reply · Share