right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

my chances....

yenleeyenlee 2 replies1 threads New Member
edited October 2006 in University of Washington
im soo scares right now so i hope you guys could help me figure out my chances of getting into uw.

i've a 2.8 gpa unweight and 1130 sat scores retake on oct. 16
English as 2nd language;; trilingual speaker ( cantonese,vietnamese&english)
i came to the united state 5 years ago.

freshman year: 3.4 gpa
full four course classes : english,math,science&social studies.
i also have 2 esl classes too.
sophomores year: transfer to diff school. 3.2 gpa
i've my first ap class whiich iis AP WORLD. took th test and got a 2 :(
junior year: 2.8 gpa
Physics,english,pre-cal&american studies.
senior year:
ap physics, ap cal, ap goverment and reg senior english.

Activies:: bowling teams, soccer manager, kendo

4 years in Key Club ... Vice-president for Key Club 2007, Class Representatives of 2007 officers, Messa, Academic Dethalon, Link Crews for 2 years (Link Commissioner);; MESA.
so what do you guys think my chance of get into UW ??
edited October 2006
5 replies
Post edited by yenlee on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: my chances....

• seahawkcityseahawkcity 74 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Instate - reach
    OOS - slim to none

If you are instate look into WWU and WSU. You would be competitive at each of those schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • yenleeyenlee 2 replies1 threads New Member
    yeah im instate;; because this year most of my council said that uw doesnt look at gpa anymore but base on classes you take in ur senior year. so hopefully i can get iin. and iam also do early action too.

iam looking at WWU and SU because SU offer me scholarshiop;; but not WSU
    · Reply · Share
  • BurmabBurmab 17 replies3 threads New Member
    I have really similiar stats. (low GPA/alright test scores) I don't know much about whether or not you will get in, but good luck and hope to see you there next year (ie: I hope we both get in!)
    · Reply · Share
  • yenleeyenlee 2 replies1 threads New Member
    oh mangg i hope they accept me too :(
    · Reply · Share
  • crazyschtickcrazyschtick 43 replies1 threads Junior Member
    it's not like they don't look at grades anymore. They look at not only the grades but also your course selection, AP exams, SATs and many other less important factors. With a 2.8 in your junior year (widely seen as the most important), it's unlikely that you'll get into UW, though you might be pleasantly surprised. I agree with the last poster, look into WSU or WWU.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity