Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Yet another chances thread (OOS)

cewillmcewillm Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
Hey everyone:

-White male living in Pennsylvania with two high-school educated parents (no college).
-1210 SAT
-3.41 UW SAT
-Tons of ECs (I filled out all 5)-- including paper editor-in-chief, two volunteer positions, music, and a unique job
-Solid essays (main one was about my role in saving my cat in a house fire, the second was about me composing music with my sister's black boyfriend)
-The application was sent in kinda late (Tuesday), but in the "extras" section I indicated how important Washington and UW is to me.
-D+ in American Experience last year (AP US History and honors english)... I explained the (unfair) grading system the class used.
-Core honors classes with one AP this year. Grades were all B+ or higher.

I know I'm on a tight line, but with collegeboard's confounding mean SAT and high acceptance rate contrasted to how many people here say UW is difficult to get in to (especially OOS), I'm a bit confused and worried. I don't want to go to Temple or Drexel or another overpriced, crusty Philadelphia school.
This discussion has been closed.