right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UW as premed

sports61khsports61kh 933 replies92 threads Senior Member
edited November 2007 in University of Washington
i assume that UW is a strong science school for premed right? since its med school is ranked way up there

what's the acceptance rate for premeds to med school? does ne1 have the stats
edited November 2007
5 replies
Post edited by sports61kh on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UW as premed

• sports61khsports61kh 933 replies92 threads Senior Member
    ^ (10 chars)
    · Reply · Share
  • friedricefriedrice 1179 replies101 threads Senior Member
    UW is ranked 1st for primary care. This means it's not a really strong research university.
    · Reply · Share
  • california_love8california_love8 549 replies548 threads Senior Member
    I disagree...while the primary care rankings are very flawed and practically useless, there is not necessarily an inverse relation between primary care ranking and research ranking. UW is 6TH IN THE NATION in research, and is considered WAY up there with JHU, WUSTL, UPenn, UCSF, etc. Check your facts.

UW should be excellent for pre-med, but the only thing I hear is that because of it's size, it's up to you to take the initiative and talk to professors and such. If you can handle the size, then UW will be great for almost anyone who wants to do med.
    · Reply · Share
  • parentofbearparentofbear 253 replies3 threads Junior Member
    The only drawback is class size.
    · Reply · Share
  • burnitblueburnitblue 495 replies27 threads Member
    I agree with parentofbear. The premed prerequisites are HUGE, especially in freshman and sophomore year.

However, if you have ample AP credit, you can skip out of a lot of the enormous first-year classes.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity