Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

crap. help me out here please :)

aryamehraryamehr Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
edited November 2007 in University of Washington
so i'm applying to UW within the next couple of days. i'm 100% sure i'm going to get everything in before the dec. 1st deadline...except for one thing...my ACT scores. I havent sent them to UW yet and i'm worried if theyre not gonna get there on time/void my honors application because they wont be in before dec. 1. can anyone with experience about this help me out?
Post edited by aryamehr on

Replies to: crap. help me out here please :)

• Jolie.HauteurJolie.Hauteur Registered User Posts: 7,467 Junior Member
    Are those the only scores you will have available?

If you've already sent other SAT or ACT scores to UW, I'm sure you're fine.

I'm taking the ACT in Dec and I called the Admissions Office and spoke to a very nice lady about them. She said to not even worry about it--even if they are waaay better than my SAT scores, she said it probably wouldn't make a difference in their decision.

And if you're in state, relax! She said standardized test scores are not a very big factor in the holistic review they give each application!
  • aryamehraryamehr Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    i havent sent in any scores to UW....that's the problem. plus, i'm an out-of-state applicant. i just wanna know if they will care or not if my scores are not exactly on time for the honors deadline.
    for instance...if i get my application in and my letter of recommendation sent...but my ACT scores get there a few days after dec. 1st...will my application be considered past the priority deadline?
  • sotywhattysotywhatty Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    Is there some way you could do rush-delivery? I know on the SAT you can pay like 20 dollars extra and they get there in like 2 days
  • MoominmamaMoominmama Registered User Posts: 827 Member
    Call the admissions office and ask. They are very helpful there.
    i did, and they said it wouldnt be a problem. the only things that have to be in before the deadline are the UW app and the letter of rec, not the test scores. :)
    Very good!
    simple question:

when i imput my essays into the online app, should i double space them (as in, press shift between each sentence) or just leave the essays single spaced?
    Just single space, I would think.
This discussion has been closed.