right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

How far down can senior grades go?

simfishsimfish . 1022 replies103 threads Senior Member
edited May 2005 in University of Washington
Hi,

When accepted to the UW Honors program as a high school sophomore, I had a 3.98 GPA. However, my grades in less interesting classes are taking a turn downhill. These were my grades 1st semester:

Honors English 10: A-
Calculus: A
Pre-IB World History: A
Pre-IB CHemistry: A
French 200: A
C++: A
Computer Graphics: A

However, my grades are taking a turn downhill this semester. My grades now may look like this (I think):

Honors English 10: B
Calculus: A
Pre-IB World History: A
Pre-IB CHemistry: A
French 200: C
C++: A
Computer Graphics: A

Can a C in a class that was previously an A hurt my chances to the Honors program? (French 200) I don't know my grade yet but I majorly screwed up in a couple of assignments and got a D- in a recent test. What if my grade in the class fell to a D? Would that jeopordize my complete application?
edited May 2005
4 replies
Post edited by simfish on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How far down can senior grades go?

• reasonabledadreasonabledad 847 replies38 threads Member
    Simfish ~ I'm sorry I don't know enough about the University of Washington to answer your real question definitively, but I would sort of doubt that one C would unseal your deal.

But I thought you were aiming at Cal Tech in a year ot two? Now you're starting college early? Can you tell me what happened? I apologize if you've covered this somewhere else...I missed it. Also, ar eyou a home-schooler?
    · Reply · Share
  • simfishsimfish . 1022 replies103 threads Senior Member
    Wow reasonabledad, did you like look at my previous posts to come here? ;)

Yeah, I'm planning on starting college next year instead of aiming for Caltech two years from now. I just decided that it might be a better idea to start college two years early when I'm younger so that I can learn more when my learning efficiency is at its peak. I wish i were home-schooled but my grades above indicate that I'm not.
    · Reply · Share
  • reasonabledadreasonabledad 847 replies38 threads Member
    I didn't follow you here...was looking at the school because it has a good honors program and good CS. These are things that could be good for my S (one year older than you).

Good luck at U of W!
    · Reply · Share
  • simfishsimfish . 1022 replies103 threads Senior Member
    Thanks reasonabledad! I see - as it appeared, I still have a B in French so I'm OK. :)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity