right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

chances please?

recycledrecycled 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited February 2009 in University of Washington
from out of state - california

SAT: 1860
- Writing 660
- Reading 630
- Math 570

CLASSES:
- 5 AP classes senior year (German 4, Psychology, US Government, English Literature, Biology)
- 3.5 unweighted GPA first semester senior year (i sent them those grades, they haven't reviewed my app yet according to the status)
- honors classes junior year
- rigorous, specialized humanities program at my high school with a good reputation

GPA: 3.23 unweighted. ouch, i know.
- major upward grade trend (from a 3.00 and 2.57 sophomore year to a 3.5 and 3.60 junior year) (will this help me?)

EC:
- appointed to a city-government appointed commission about youth (junior and senior year)
- through that activity, was intimately involved with getting a teen center built in economically failing downtown through donations
- started a recycling program for bottles and cans at my high school that will earn our school money (junior and senior year)
- exchange program my sophomore year in germany through my german class
- photography editor for school yearbook senior year

i'm nervous!! others have gotten acceptance letters and my app hasn't been reviewed?

thanks
edited February 2009
2 replies
Post edited by recycled on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: chances please?

• seattlestudentseattlestudent 105 replies4 threads Junior Member
    good luck mate, you need it as do I. I think i might have a 45%-50% change of getting in :( this year is a killer.

I am instate.

I go to a private school in seattle that is ranked as a top 10 school- our school's students usually have their GPAs in the top 10% of UW's freshman class.
    I have a 3.5 GPA

SAT: 1850
    Critical Reading 560
    Math 650
    Writing 640 Essay: 10

Grades (semesters separated by commas) is an unweighted 3.06, 3.6, 3.27, 3.69 , 3.6, 3.7,3.79,(Second sem senior) should have <3.5 but UW doesn't count first semester senior year.

AP calc, honors physics (first semester of UW calc integrated physics), AP spanish 4

Both my parents are professors @ UW med (doesn't matter for admissions thought)

took very difficult course load (with senior year being the most difficult) with honors and 4 years of science/language.

plenty of EC's (club soccer 12 yrs, JV lacrosse Most improved (took up sport soph year) helped found school environmental club, won seattle good neighbor award (for my neighborhood) , summer job, good essay edited by head of my Language arts department.
    · Reply · Share
  • seattlestudentseattlestudent 105 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I forgot to chance you :P I think you have about a 1/3 chance of acceptance because you are OOS. You sound like a great person though.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity