right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Availability of dorms

MontegutMontegut 5518 replies606 threads Senior Member
edited August 2009 in University of Washington
Are freshmen guaranteed housing? Are you able to live on campus all four years?
edited August 2009
4 replies
Post edited by Montegut on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Availability of dorms

• ilikeUWilikeUW 1054 replies73 threads Senior Member
    1. I don't know.
    2. Yeah you can, but I heard most people live outside of the school in the last 2-3 years.
    · Reply · Share
  • ilikeUWilikeUW 1054 replies73 threads Senior Member
    OH wait, Im pretty sure Freshmen get priority and you HAVE to move out of the dorms in the last few years cuz they dont have enough room for everyone
    · Reply · Share
  • PikachiuPikachiu 47 replies3 threads Junior Member
    ^returning students get priority over freshmen. Most people live outside after first yr or two, but UW has specific upperclassmen dorms too.
    They don't guarantee housing, but they try to fit everyone in so expect some triples in doubles rooms. The earlier you send in housing app the better result you'll get.
    · Reply · Share
  • sleepycatsleepycat 47 replies4 threads Junior Member
    ^Agree. If you are priority 1 (like honors, emerging leaders and etc) you are definitely guaranteed. An adviser informed me that. Also for people applying early, they are considered priority 2 so their chances are higher so don't know whether its guaranteed. You can get more info here. UW Housing and Food Services
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity