right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Running Start grades a little iffy

IgiIgi 235 replies25 threads Junior Member
edited December 2009 in University of Washington
My first quarter of Running Start appeared on my junior year transcript with +'s and -'s. In the middle of the school year the school decided to go "You know what, let's make it even for everyone. From now on, we will not use the + and - system." So the second half of my junior year is not weighted the same. I think I should drop the symbols from the first quarter and stick with that GPA (which is lower).
edited December 2009
2 replies
Post edited by Igi on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Running Start grades a little iffy

• compactrunnercompactrunner 195 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I think I'd just report your grades as they are on your transcript, even if you have +/- grades in one quarter but not any others. Then in the additional comments space you could remark how the grading system changed during your time in the running start program to explain for the inconsistency.
    · Reply · Share
  • IgiIgi 235 replies25 threads Junior Member
    And...done!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity