Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

How long did it take to change status to "We have reviewed...?"

iloveuwiloveuw Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
edited December 2009 in University of Washington
My status is currently at "We have received all materials..." and I was wondering, for those of you who got your letters or at this status, how long it took for UW to review your app.
Post edited by iloveuw on

Replies to: How long did it take to change status to "We have reviewed...?"

• UDubhopefulUDubhopeful Registered User Posts: 248 Junior Member
    I applied 11/23 and my application was "under initial review" since 12/15 when it changed to "we have received..." and then I got accepted 12/30.

Hope this helps, good luck!
  • ThunderFan1ThunderFan1 Registered User Posts: 913 Member
    Mine has been at "received" for a month
  • pbgaytepbgayte Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    My daughter applied 11/23 and on 12/8 status changed to 'we have received all materials..' Her stats are decent 3.79, SAT 2010 and good essays. But no change in status since 12/8.
    Mine has actually been more than a month, since Nov 25th...starting to get worried, I thought UW was a safety

31 ACT
    3.7 (with 7th semester)
    awesome EC's
  • irisbankaiirisbankai Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Submitted Nov 30. Received all materials around Dec 11. Reviewed and Accepted Dec 18. I have no clue how they choose when to review applications D:
  • IgiIgi Registered User Posts: 260 Junior Member
    Dang I wish I were you Iris. The tension is killing me.
    Yeah it was a big surprise! I have another friend to applied Nov 30 and got in.. BEFORE me. Again, huge surprise and nobody knows how UW Admissions is doing this...

Good luck Igi, and everyone else!
  • iloveuwiloveuw Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    wow...so it seems like it takes about a month for them to change the status to reviewed.
    i guess those ppl who got their acceptance letters early had high gpa, SAT scores, etc.

however, i did hear that ppl who applied really early, like Oct., got their acceptance letters really fast because UW was testing something and they picked several ppl's apps and those worthy of qualification got accepted. I have several ppl in my school who were one of those. they got their acceptance really fast. but, it seemed like others who applied later took a little longer than a month to get their letters (and i think they had decent gpa, SAT's too)
    iloveuw- that may be, but im not sure... i have a friend who applied around thanksgiving, with a 3.7 unweighted and 27 act (did not send sat scores). She got in two weeks later. *shrugs* I don't think she had 'super stellar' ECs, a minority/underrep factor may have been played, but still...? I wish I knew what the admissions office people think! :O
  • iloveuwiloveuw Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    yeah i know.
    i was surprised because my classmate got hers like in 2 weeks too,
    but someone told me that she got lucky cuz UW randomly chose some ppl's apps to test out something...
    but i'm also thinking that different evaluators may have different paces on reviewing apps... :P
    probably. a lot of people who have gotten in (IS) are from private schools. as far as I know... I know some from the Bellevue area (in the super prestigious programs though) who have gotten in.
  • muffinishmuffinish Registered User Posts: 160 Junior Member
    Is there a logical order in which UW reads apps?
    UW is my safety but I have been in the "we received all your materials" status for more than a month. I go to a public, though.
    ^ same lol, so frustrating
This discussion has been closed.