Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

BME Direct admit

daivikodaiviko Registered User Posts: 193 Junior Member
edited January 2010 in University of Washington
Alright, So I'm currently a high school junior and I know that UW will be bringing back direct BME admission. It says that the average BME student that is admitted directly receives a 3.9 gpa. I have a 3.9, probably will get around 2000-2100 on the SAT, and have taken every ap math and science class the school offers. Would you say I'm safe for direct admission?
Post edited by daiviko on

Replies to: BME Direct admit

• revonu11revonu11 Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    I wouldn't say you're "safe". I'd just say you're "competitive". BME admission is an utter crapshoot; I've heard of upper-division applicants getting turned away with 3.92 GPAs.

My guess is that they want to see a lot of relevant ECs.
  • iloveuwiloveuw Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    yeah, you should not only focus on grades, but also on EC's.
    UW wants to see some active, diverse students out there.
    i know several ppl who got rejected by UW because they didn't do a lot of EC's.
  • whereshouldigo?whereshouldigo? Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    I can confidentially say you have a 0% chance of getting into BME directly considering that they aren't doing direct admits this year.
  • daivikodaiviko Registered User Posts: 193 Junior Member
    Ehem, i mentioned that I was applying NEXT fall not this one. I have been doing this research internship for a few years with this professor, does that help?
  • revonu11revonu11 Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    If it's biotech-related then definitely. It also gives you something to write about for your essays.
This discussion has been closed.