Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Chances Please :)

chaoscarrot8chaoscarrot8 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited June 2010 in University of Washington
Hi there,

Washington is my top choice for college and I wanted to know what my chances are looking like so far.

Out of state (CA)

GPA: 4.1 W/ 3.83 UW
SAT: 2100
ACT: didn't take
SAT 2: world history 720

ECs: That's the thing I don't really have any, played on the school basketball team for 2 years, in the democrats club, thats it. However, I'm not sure if this counts or not, but I am currently employed by a website wherein I work 20 hours a week, including during school. I also at times worked 30 hours a week. My desired major is computer science so I figure this may help me as my job directly relates to my choice of major, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by chaoscarrot8 on

Replies to: Chances Please :)

• svenbaysvenbay Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    You'll get in just on your GPA and SAT (they don't even look at SATII). Your ECs are also fine considering it's UW.

Direct-admits to the CSE department are very rare, however. Odds are that you'll just be undeclared/pre-engineering for your first two years and then apply to enter the CS major.
This discussion has been closed.