Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Rommates matching??

BowlingssfkBowlingssfk Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
edited May 2011 in University of Wisconsin
I heard from my friends who go to other universities that they got to do questionnaires about housing so that the universities can match them with roommates with the same habits. Is this the same with UW Madison? Will I get to do the questionnaires too?

Because 'if'...someone, who is a very clean person, gets a roommate who is a very messy person --- what will happen?
Post edited by Bowlingssfk on

Replies to: Rommates matching??

• uwrobiuwrobi Registered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
    I'm pretty sure they stopped doing it because it didn't make a difference in roommate satisfaction if they did roommate matching or not.
  • wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,847 Senior Member
    They haven't done it for a long time for the above reason. Also- people don't state the real facts- often what they want in a roommate or who they think they are instead of the actual facts. UW also does not do assignments by date of housing application- everyone with a contract has an equal chance of getting their first choice when the computer does the lottery picks this month. Students find out their results before SOAR.
This discussion has been closed.