Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transfer chances, low GPA

wintergreen2276wintergreen2276 Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
edited December 2011 in University of Wisconsin
Hi..I'm really hoping to transfer to UW for next fall. I just finished my first semester at a large Minnesota college, and will have a 2.9 GPA. I had a 3.2 GPA in high school and a 28 ACT. During senior year, I took several classes at a 2-year UW college and got a 3.7 GPA there. I am a WI resident. I am not able to get letters of recommendation since I haven't been at my current college very long. I saw on the website most transfers have a 3.0 or higher. I am really hoping I can get in there... I took mostly calculus and science classes this semester, which is why my GPA is kinda low, but I plan on Sociology major.
Post edited by wintergreen2276 on

Replies to: Transfer chances, low GPA

• greennbluegreennblue Registered User Posts: 1,736 Senior Member
    Not good. Bring up your average, then apply.
  • Wisco4LifeWisco4Life Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    i got a 3.3 college gpa, 33 act., and a 3.2-3.3 HS gpa and I doubt i will get in. I should have tried a bit more to bring up my college gpa. If i did good on my finals i would have had a 3.7 and wouldn't be nervous about my decision...
This discussion has been closed.