Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me... please!

PoisonIvyLeaguePoisonIvyLeague Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
edited December 2011 in University of Wisconsin
I'm from a very well-known public school in NJ, and I have a series of good activities, including captain of the debate team, a finalist at several international violin competitions, and most notably a book I wrote and published on political theory, and a summer job on the Obama campaign.

GPA: 3.07

SAT: 2050
Math: 620, CR: 740, Writing: 690, 1360/1600

Took only 2 APs in high school. Got a 3 on AP Euro, and a 4 on AP Government.
Post edited by PoisonIvyLeague on

Replies to: Chance me... please!

• jenny1pennyjenny1penny Registered User Posts: 296 Junior Member
    Not a very good chance... your gpa is very low as well as your number of ap classes
  • wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,306 Senior Member
    For someone who supposedly wrote a book on politcal theory- must have been self published- you have lousy AP scores. Are you a ****? Would have been far too young for Obama's campaign. 'Tis the season for vacation ****...
  • PoisonIvyLeaguePoisonIvyLeague Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I worked on the 2012 Obama campaign this summer...
  • justwaiting1justwaiting1 Registered User Posts: 299 Junior Member
    Make sure you hilight the Obama campaign. Wisconsin is a very liberal school and in the last Obama interview with Barbara Walters he said that one of his weaknesses is that he is lazy. I can see that you are smart and lazy. Good luck
  • mockingjay0714mockingjay0714 Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    I think you have an okay chance. It is just that you have a very low GPA, but the fact you wrote a book on political theory and worked on Obama's campaign is really great and highlights that you are devoted to public affairs. Good Luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.