Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
wwwwretchwwwwretch Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
edited December 2011 in University of Wisconsin
Hello Hope to see someone tell me, if i have a chance?

I'm a international student, but study in MA. UNC is my first choice.

SAT:1820 reading 620, Math 650, Writing 550
GPA: (uw) 3.2 (w) around 3.7
Essays: not sure how well i did
Activities: Concert Master, Teacher assistant in school orchestra, Lead Baritone singer on and off campus. and many different activities. Community Services(a lot). Varsity Baseball for 3 years, Drama club: participate in Drama Festival. Math League: scorer in Massachusetts Mathematical League competition, alternate scorer for New England Mathematics League in 2010 and 2011.

Honor: won many art and music competitions including Boston art competition, and colleges competition.

Honor Society: International Thespian Society 2 years

Ethnicity: Asian
Post edited by wwwwretch on

Replies to: Chance???

• wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,312 Senior Member
    Your gpa is relatively poor combined with average SAT scores. EC's never trump the grades and tewst scores- it looks like you should have paid more atttention to academics. You may have a chance but be sure to have safeties other than UW and UNC.
  • wwwwretchwwwwretch Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    Yah. i don't have a good GPA in 9th(3.0) and 10th grade, even though i got 1 B and all A's in 11th. still very hard to pull it up
  • wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,312 Senior Member
    Aha!- improvement means a lot. They may just look at your junior year gpa and count that. However you still have middle of the road test scores. Apply but have safeties.
  • wwwwretchwwwwretch Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    Yep I already got in some of my safeties. well anyway thx for the reply! ^^
This discussion has been closed.