Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Does UW use AP scores for admissions?

wintergreen2276wintergreen2276 Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
edited February 2012 in University of Wisconsin
Hi, I applied as a transfer student for Fall 2012, and I sent in my AP scores from high school, but DID NOT send in my AP scores (I scored successfully in all of my tests, including 2 self-studies where I got 4's and 5's).

I applied at the end of January, and it said I will receive my decision by the end of March. Here is what I am thinking right now...

- Send the scores in soon, hopefully admissions will get them and will help my chances

- Wait until I get my decision, and if it's a rejection, then I can use my AP scores to help my case for an appeal

Anyone know about this? What should I do?
Post edited by wintergreen2276 on

Replies to: Does UW use AP scores for admissions?

• billywestybillywesty Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    Sorry, I don't understand this part of your post:

"I sent in my AP scores from high school, but DID NOT send in my AP scores"

I would recommend you call Admissions and ask your question. Nobody on CC can speak with authority on your question.

With that caveat, it's my understanding that once you have a college record, High School, AP tests, etc. are not determining factors.
  • wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,118 Senior Member
    As above. College trumps anything from HS. AP scores can give you credits after you are at UW. As always- check with the school and never consider CC the official answer.
This discussion has been closed.