right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Transfer Hopeful--How important is HS record?

artist193artist193 16 replies9 threads New Member
edited March 2012 in University of Wisconsin
Hi, I am a transfer hopeful for fall 2012. My question is: how much weight does the high school transcript have in the transfer admission process? In high school, I had a not-so-stellar 3.2 unweighted GPA, and a failed a math class (retook it successfully). This worries me... Are they pretty much just looking to see that you met the academic requirements for high school coursework? I am transferring in with about 52 college credits under my belt.
edited March 2012
3 replies
Post edited by artist193 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transfer Hopeful--How important is HS record?

• barronsbarrons 23087 replies1956 threads Senior Member
    Virtually none. Esp with that many credits in college.
    · Reply · Share
  • GoldenDomerGoldenDomer 330 replies36 threads Member
    It's more of a 'it can only help you' situation.
    · Reply · Share
  • CodyE27CodyE27 67 replies21 threads Junior Member
    To reiterate an aforementioned post, virtually none. I was admitted to UW-Madison after one yr of coursework at SIUC (39 credits, 4.0 GPA [Major:Mechanical Engineering]). My highschool stats were less than stellar, flaunting a 3.1 GPA and a 28 ACT (I started partying when I was going into my freshman yr of highschool which contributed to my lack of ambition to excel until college hit). Moreover, if you have a good GPA, your college coursework will trump your highschool stats, as it should.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity