right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Transfer Hopeful--How important is HS record?

artist193artist193 16 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 New Member
edited March 2012 in University of Wisconsin
Hi, I am a transfer hopeful for fall 2012. My question is: how much weight does the high school transcript have in the transfer admission process? In high school, I had a not-so-stellar 3.2 unweighted GPA, and a failed a math class (retook it successfully). This worries me... Are they pretty much just looking to see that you met the academic requirements for high school coursework? I am transferring in with about 52 college credits under my belt.
edited March 2012
3 replies
Post edited by artist193 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transfer Hopeful--How important is HS record?

• barronsbarrons 23029 replies1951 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 24,980 Senior Member
    Virtually none. Esp with that many credits in college.
    · Reply · Share
  • GoldenDomerGoldenDomer 330 replies36 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 366 Member
    It's more of a 'it can only help you' situation.
    · Reply · Share
  • CodyE27CodyE27 67 replies21 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 88 Junior Member
    To reiterate an aforementioned post, virtually none. I was admitted to UW-Madison after one yr of coursework at SIUC (39 credits, 4.0 GPA [Major:Mechanical Engineering]). My highschool stats were less than stellar, flaunting a 3.1 GPA and a 28 ACT (I started partying when I was going into my freshman yr of highschool which contributed to my lack of ambition to excel until college hit). Moreover, if you have a good GPA, your college coursework will trump your highschool stats, as it should.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity