Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Postponed Applicants

Replies to: Postponed Applicants

• ihcim0812ihcim0812 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    i got in yesterday as well! wooh! Congrats to your daughter
  • MrpapageorgioMrpapageorgio Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    Congrats, IHCIM!!

Was there anything about CAE on your acceptance letter?
  • Badger123Badger123 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Congrats Mrpapageorgio! You must be so proud.
  • mariaaasamariaaasa Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    still not accepted/rejected yet! But my notifications of letters disappeared on my student center... the wait is killing me!!! But congratulations to everyone who just got in!!! :)
    Thanks, Badger. I am proud of her regardless, but I am so happy she has the choice to go to Madison, and that Madison recognized her accomplishments.

Mariaaasa, this am all of the letters disappeared from the notification section after she was admitted. It still says congrats on being admitted and to click the notifications link for the letter, but there is no letter. There used to be, but the postponed letter from Jan and her acceptance letter are now gone. Maybe they are having problems with their system and you should call tomorrow.
  • 5nonnegotiables5nonnegotiables Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    All my notification letters are also gone now in the Notification Summary, in the Student Center, where they once were. It says "There are currently no communications available for you to view for this application." I guess i have a 50/50 shot now, I have not clue.
    Mrpapageorgio,

Congratulations on your daughter :):)

Did she get an email or letter yesterday to let you know? Or how did she find out if not?? Is she in or out of state?
    Thanks so much, 5nonn.

We received an email saying a decision was made and was available to view on-line.

On the main page of the student center when we signed in, it said and still says this: "Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin - Madison. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials. Your online decision letter is available on the Notifications page."

When we clicked the notification page, the letter of acceptance was there, along with her letter from Jan saying she was postponed. Now, both of the letters are gone from the notification page. The only notice left on the notification page is an application acknowledgment from back in October. But it still says she was accepted on the main page of the student center (in the area next to the link to the notifications).

We are out of state.
    Mrpapageorgio

Thank you for the info. I am in California. OK, well........................ ahhhhhh
    So, I will just wait for an email or just keep checking. I just want to know :)
  • dianejeandianejean Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    Any idea if it is feasible to get off of the waitlist?
    Mrpapageorgio,

What did your daughter's acceptance letter say? Mine mentioned that I was accepted through the Pathways Student Academic Services Program (PSAS), a division of the CAE sponsored by the College of Letters and Science. It also mentions that there are PSAS requirements...I'm thoroughly confused. Can anyone explain this to me? There was no doubt in my mind I wanted to go to Wisconsin but, this letter is freaking me out...
    My daughter's letter said nine of that at all. It was a standard admissions letter. However, it has since been removed with other letters and notices, so I'm not sure what is going on. I put a call in, but they apparently are flooded and I left a message.

Is there a place on your student center where you can accept or reject? Just curious.
    So it's the 3rd, and I am still postponed, not waitlisted, but postponed. Has anyone heard when they will definitely let everyone know by?
  • MidwestmomofboysMidwestmomofboys Registered User Posts: 3,956 Senior Member
    Mr P -- there is an on-line link to accept and enroll, I just went back to my son's myuw to try to find it, but cannot. You will get a hard copy of the admission letter in the mail, and that says there will be follow up emails and mailings telling you how to enroll.

For what it is worth, my son's myuw page also no longer shows the prior communications within the Notifications, and he is an enrolled incoming freshman, so it must be a system-wide thing.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear still.
    Mrpapageorgio, yes there is a accept/reject option. I've also already received my acceptance in the mail.
This discussion has been closed.