Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

out of state tuition

Mike1213Mike1213 Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
edited March 2012 in University of Wisconsin
hello quick question

so im out of state

say i got to wisconsin and declare my residency in wisconsin from that point on

does that mean I will be able to pay in state tuition after 2 years (or w/e limit for residency is)

and pay out of state first two?

sounds stupid I know but someone told me you can do that

makes no sense but just wondering

Replies to: out of state tuition

  • billywestybillywesty Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    There have been other posts on this topic over the last couple of years.

    In my opinion, it's virtually impossible to simply "declare" you're now in-state.

    You need to prove that you moved to Wisconsin for reasons other than education. You need to have some history of paying state income tax in Wisconsin. You need to have a history in the state.

    Unless your parents relocate, and establish residency before your enroll or you take a year or two off school to establish an income and proof of providing your own support, you are out of state.
  • Mike1213Mike1213 Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    ok was just wondering

    dont think ill be able to attend then because total costs per year

    will be around 41,000 a year for me :(

    thanks anyways
This discussion has been closed.