right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Intended School/Program Glitch?

SnoopsXxSnoopsXx 3 replies4 threads New Member
edited March 2012 in University of Wisconsin
I went to accept my admission offer on the my UW-Madison website, but when I went to accept admission it says that my intended school/college is the "School of Education" and the intended program is "Pre-Secondary Education". I'm looking to major in Political Science, so there is something wrong. Either I filled out the application incorrectly, or there is a glitch.
I am going to call the school tomorrow, but maybe someone can help me out before I embarrass myself because it is supposed to say that or something. I am also wondering that if I put the wrong major in my application, would this effect my admission status?
edited March 2012
2 replies
Post edited by SnoopsXx on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Intended School/Program Glitch?

• SnoopsXxSnoopsXx 3 replies4 threads New Member
    Oh, and isn't the School of Education a graduate program? I am entering as a freshman
    · Reply · Share
  • wis75wis75 14374 replies65 threads Senior Member
    The School of Education has both undergrad and grad school students. Possibly you goofed, but it doesn't matter. All freshmen get accepted to the university as a whole and can change their major, school/college at any time. The reason for putting down a proposed major is to assign the most appropriate advisor for SOAR. Go ahead and correct things on the form or call/email to find out how to.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity