Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Intended School/Program Glitch?

SnoopsXxSnoopsXx Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited March 2012 in University of Wisconsin
I went to accept my admission offer on the my UW-Madison website, but when I went to accept admission it says that my intended school/college is the "School of Education" and the intended program is "Pre-Secondary Education". I'm looking to major in Political Science, so there is something wrong. Either I filled out the application incorrectly, or there is a glitch.
I am going to call the school tomorrow, but maybe someone can help me out before I embarrass myself because it is supposed to say that or something. I am also wondering that if I put the wrong major in my application, would this effect my admission status?
Post edited by SnoopsXx on

Replies to: Intended School/Program Glitch?

• SnoopsXxSnoopsXx Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Oh, and isn't the School of Education a graduate program? I am entering as a freshman
  • wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,835 Senior Member
    The School of Education has both undergrad and grad school students. Possibly you goofed, but it doesn't matter. All freshmen get accepted to the university as a whole and can change their major, school/college at any time. The reason for putting down a proposed major is to assign the most appropriate advisor for SOAR. Go ahead and correct things on the form or call/email to find out how to.
This discussion has been closed.