Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Fraternity Tier System?

vietxpham123vietxpham123 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
edited March 2012 in University of Wisconsin
Is there a fraternity tier system at University Wisconsin?

Like well respected and on campus fraternity.
Post edited by vietxpham123 on

Replies to: Fraternity Tier System?

• barronsbarrons Registered User Posts: 24,951 Senior Member
    If there is nobody cares much. I'm sure there is amongst themselves but from the rest of campus--nobody cares. Lately it seems to have tended to becoming a more out of state thing to do.
  • wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,845 Senior Member
    Agree that no one outside the Greek system pays any attention to them. None have houses on campus- only close by, as are many off campus apartments. No added respect from nonfrat people- off the radar for most students. UW is not a place dominated by Greek life. It is important only to those who choose it.
  • vietxpham123vietxpham123 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    How does the rush work? I saw online there's like a form. Do you actually have to go through all the houses for fraternities?
  • wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,845 Senior Member
    Very few care enough about frats to be helpful. Wait until you are a student and see how things work. You will learn a ton about UW once you are there.
  • tsdadtsdad Registered User Posts: 4,035 Senior Member
    My observation is that the Greek system is not central to campus life at UW-Madison. I'm sure that those in it enjoy it, but it seems pretty much irrelevant to most students.
This discussion has been closed.