Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Ranking and Admissions Rate Predictions

2»

Replies to: Ranking and Admissions Rate Predictions

• MrpapageorgioMrpapageorgio Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    You dont have to sell me on Wisc...personally, I would put it in my top 5 schools that I would attend if I could chose any and do it over again. Between the academics, the campus, and Madison, it defines what college life should be. My only point was given the number of great schools in this country, top 40ish is wonderful, and at that point, it is almost just a matter of opinion.
  • kxc1961kxc1961 Registered User Posts: 801 Member
    Ranking school is a matter of art, not a science. In addition, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". If you wish to be on the Wall Street or to sit on the Supreme Court, going to Harvard or other Ivy schools, is better. If you wish to get into Stem Cell research, UW is the best choice.
  • GOBADGERGOBADGER Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    ....asked how many applications they had received for Fall 2012. Answer: 37,000 - up 12% from last year. It will be interesting to see how this affects the Admission rate.
  • dantheman1018dantheman1018 Registered User Posts: 274 Junior Member
    I agree. Rankings are subjective and are different for everyone. Some people are better off at a lower ranked school than a significantly higher ranked one, (me for example). Harvard would not be a top-10 school for me, but Miami, USC and Tulane would.
  • bohligtomack74bohligtomack74 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    A lot of guts turning down Harvard, Dan. Good call.
This discussion has been closed.