Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Potential Transfer Candidate Chances

collegeguy7collegeguy7 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
edited June 2013 in University of Wisconsin
Hey. I am looking to transfer Spring 2014 into Economics and wanted to know what my chances are given my freshman year credentials. Thanks!

School Attending: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Cumulative GPA: 3.53/4.0
Units Completed: 30 hours
Activities involved in school: spring pledge class president for my fraternity, marketing chair for an RSO on campus, representative for class council
Activities involved outside: internship at company

By the way, I got into University of Wisconsin-Madison when I applied in high school if that helps.

Also, you are not allowed to transfer into the School of Business as a transfer, right?
Post edited by collegeguy7 on

Replies to: Potential Transfer Candidate Chances

• wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,835 Senior Member
    You get admitted to the university as a whole, regardless of intended major. You likely will need a UW track record before admissions to the Business school. As always, check the UW website and search there for answers.
  • xxtinaxx128xxtinaxx128 Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    Because you would not transfer from a school in UW system, you need to have residency at UW Madison to be able to apply for Business School. Btw Economics belongs to College of letter and science, so I guess you don't need to apply for Business School. If you are admitted to uw Madison, you will be automatically admitted to college of letter and science.
  • collegeguy7collegeguy7 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Thanks, wis75 and xxtinaxx128.
This discussion has been closed.