Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances for Fall 2017???

dancermom79dancermom79 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
My daughter is hoping to attend Wisconsin in Fall 2017 (Illinois resident). She has a 3.7 UW/4.46 W GPA. ACT: 26 (Superscore 28) she will retake the ACT in September. She is a member of National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society; Math Honor Society; English Honor Society; History Honor Society; Future Health Professionals of America; Student Council; Students Against Drunk Driving; 2 year Varsity Captain of her dance team; 4 year Varsity dancer; 7AP classes the rest are all honors classes; peer mentoring, athletic leadership council; over 100 volunteer hours at local hospital. Hoping to major in neuroscience.

Chances??

Replies to: Chances for Fall 2017???

• sammyjeanxosammyjeanxo Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I think she does have a good chance! I don't think they superscore, so it is a good idea for her to retake it. (I actually got a 26 the first time and then studied lightly for a week before I took it the second time and it brought my score up to a 30). The average scores of accepted students is 27-31. She has good extracurriculars and as long as she keeps up her good gpa, I think she has a great possibility.
  • wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,847 Senior Member
    No superscoring at UW. Middle of the pack-worth applying.
  • Madison85Madison85 Registered User Posts: 10,681 Senior Member
    The 26 ACT is in the bottom quartile of accepted students.
  • wis75wis75 Registered User Posts: 13,847 Senior Member
    I'm calling "the pack" the majority, more than half.
This discussion has been closed.