right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Anyone got OOS tuition waiver or scholarships?

jjandjjjandj 24 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
We are OOS so far we have not received any oos tuition discount or scholarships .
Ohio State University has a merit based scholarship that will get us about 15000$.
Does UW Madison offer any such scholarship or oos tuition discount?
Thanks
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Anyone got OOS tuition waiver or scholarships?

• octrojanoctrojan 37 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Nothing for my dd. I understand that Wisconsin is stingy with oos students.
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 22642 replies15 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Wisconsin has reciprocity with Minn and may have some deals with other states for certain programs, and that's about it.
    · Reply · Share
  • miapjpmiapjp 24 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    My son is a National Merit Finalist, nothing from UW-Madison. MN offered $10,000/year. Sigh.
    · Reply · Share
  • WiscgirlWiscgirl 13 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    My son is in state but did not receive any financial aid either (outside of loans). I get the impression that UW-Madison does not give a lot of merit aid. This could be because of the free tuition program, but to be honest, I think it was that way even before Bucky's Tuition Promise started.
    · Reply · Share
  • mbuchanan1mbuchanan1 30 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @miapjp UW Madison gives $8000 to NMF. You need to designate UW as first choice.
    UW Madison has many merit scholarships. You need to apply for them separately at WiSH scholarship hub. My 2 older kids received free tuition and my entering freshman NMF receives several scholarships that amount to a full ride at UW Madison, all from OOS.
    · Reply · Share
  • Mwfan1921Mwfan1921 2033 replies28 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    U Wisconsin NMF scholarship is up to $8,000, not $8,000 guaranteed. Award is competitive (not automatic), as evidenced by recommendation to designate UW as first choice well before the actual deadline. https://wisc.academicworks.com/opportunities/19268
    · Reply · Share
  • wiscobadger13wiscobadger13 3 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    As an out-of-state student I received a Non-Resident Tuition Promise of 20,000. There's a few programs out that help students get more of their tuition covered!
    · Reply · Share