right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

UW-Madison Spring 2020 Transfer

carlyb32carlyb32 73 replies2 threads Junior Member
edited October 7 in University of Wisconsin
Has anyone applied as a Spring 2020 transfer to UW-Madison? Looking for other people that have applied just so we can get a thread going!!!!

I'm currently at a Junior standing. I applied to UW-Madison for fall 2019 and got rejected upon poor grades from my previous university, lacking a transferable math credit, and not taking enough stem-based classes. However, I got a 3.9 from the community college I attended in spring 2019 and now I am taking college algebra at MATC which is a directly transferable math credit! Also, I'm taking two science classes and one of them includes a lab. What about you guys? Want to see what my chances are.
edited October 7
9 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UW-Madison Spring 2020 Transfer

• nobunagaanobunagaa 2 replies1 threads New Member
    edited October 17
    Same here. This is my first time applying UW Madison, but it's my second transfer application. I got a 3.2 from my first university and a 3.74 from current one. And I'm in my Junior year as well. I'm not quite confident due to the 3.2.
    And I've heard some people said they would release the first wave in late November or early December, is that true? (their website says the decision will be given in the end of December) BTW I am applying physics major.
    edited October 17
    · Reply · Share
  • Ryder9Ryder9 5 replies0 threads New Member
    currently Junior standing too lol, an international applicant applying for Econ / International Relations.
    GPA: 3.78 / 4 ( the highest one in my class is 3.85 )
    actually have earned 111 credits, not sure how many transferable
    · Reply · Share
  • wis75wis75 14105 replies64 threads Senior Member
    Check on the rules for credits for a transfer. You need to do enough UW corurses to get a UW degree. Not even sure that many credits allows you in.
    · Reply · Share
  • carlyb32carlyb32 73 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @nobunagaa I'm pretty certain they don't release decisions until the end of December around Christmas time. Also, as long as you meet the requirements for classes and have a good GPA/essay, you should be fine!
    · Reply · Share
    edited November 1
    @Ryder9 111 is a lot. I believe you can only have 72 credits from a 2 year university. I'm not sure from a 4 year university.
    edited November 1
    · Reply · Share
    @wis75 not sure if you were responding to me, but I have around 50+ credits under my belt. only about 14 of them are in the UW system though because I took classes at MATC. however, I have transferable credits from my other two universities.
    · Reply · Share
  • whiteligerwhiteliger 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Born and raised in Wisconsin and plan to transfer from UW Oshkosh
    College GPA 3.68
    In UW Oshkosh honors college
    High school GPA 3.7
    30 ACT
    Currently a sophomore
    Legacy student
    Biology major
    3 letters recommendation
    HS hockey captain and V 4 years
    Various highschool clubs
    Some college classes that I’ve taken are Gen Chem 1 (B+) Gen chem 2 (A) Statistics (A) Psychology (A-) Also on track to get an A in Organic Chem and an A in Cellular and Molecular Biology this semester. Do I have good chances of being accepted?
    · Reply · Share
  • Ryder9Ryder9 5 replies0 threads New Member
    I am IN !!
    · Reply · Share
  • Madison2020Madison2020 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Congratulations! When did you submit your application by?
    · Reply · Share