right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Are my Stats too low to be admitted of the waitlist?

wadewoodsonwadewoodson 58 replies18 threads Junior Member
3.32 UW GPA
25 ACT
OOS from MN
5 APS
ECS:
Internship at an IT consulting firm
Volunteer at Regions Hospital
Member of Hindu Society Club
Frequent Volunteer at 2 homeless shelters
Created a Research Paper that was displayed at Mall of America and Rosedale Mall
Played Piano my whole life
Played Basketball for High school, AAU, and recreationally
I've had 2 different jobs during high school
Math and Reading tutor for 2 years for students from all ages up to 18
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Are my Stats too low to be admitted of the waitlist?

• wis75wis75 14383 replies65 threads Senior Member
    You were waitlisted, not denied admission outright. Therefore you still have a chance.
    · Reply · Share
  • wadewoodsonwadewoodson 58 replies18 threads Junior Member
    If space is available, are applications reviewed fully? Or do they just randomly pick students?
    · Reply · Share
  • TransferGuy08TransferGuy08 69 replies6 threads Junior Member
    The only thing I can think of for you to do is to email them and exaggerate that if you were accepted, you would attend no matter what. Colleges would rather admit someone who expressed interest, will attend, and pay tuition VS someone who may not even attend if they were accepted. Not totally sure if this would work but it can't hurt!
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 24029 replies2408 threads Super Moderator
    ^^^^Don't lie. You should say "if admitted I would attend" only if it is true.
    · Reply · Share
  • wadewoodsonwadewoodson 58 replies18 threads Junior Member
    Thanks. I just sent in a letter telling them I would accept in a heartbeat if admitted(which is true). Hopefully, that helps!
    · Reply · Share