Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

International Kids?

ddadda Registered User Posts: 329 Member
edited January 2007 in University of Wisconsin
Hi, anyone here from outside the US, whos thinking of going to Wisconsin-Madison for fall 2007?
Post edited by dda on

Replies to: International Kids?

• leowong1leowong1 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    I'm from Hong Kong. UW-Madison has already accepted me for fall 2007.
  • ddadda Registered User Posts: 329 Member
    Hey sweet dude! I'm from Hong Kong as well!
  • defaultonlinedefaultonline Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm international as well. I've received the residential hall contract information and my online status is "admitted" at uwportal, but i haven't yet received my acceptance letter. I strongly suspect that it was lost in the mail. I was wondering... was the I-20 form included with the acceptance letter? Is it important that I request UW send me another one?

Thanks
  • inshallahinshallah Registered User Posts: 528 Member
    I'm International waiting on my acceptance/rejection. Its been a month and a half and my status is still 'We have you application and are checking we have all your materials blah blah.'
  • ddadda Registered User Posts: 329 Member
    Defualtonline --- Yes, the I-20 is included in your admission packet along with your letter of confirmation of acceptance. And yes both the acceptance letter and the I-20 are very very important.

Although unless you are sure its lost in the mail, hold on for a couple of days. It took me around 3-4 weeks to get the mail post after my online acceptance.
  • yaja1990yaja1990 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I am from India admitted for Fall 2007.
This discussion has been closed.