Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Comparing aid offers

NEMom1NEMom1 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
edited April 2013 in Ursinus College
Helpful insight from Muhlenberg FA panel at their admitted students event on Saturday-- though it is a bit of DUH point that I should have gotten sooner. I have older child in school, so some pretty good need based aid for S based on # of siblings in college next year. Obviously (to me, now), the need based for S will go down when sister graduates so important to divide offers out by need and merit. He got more $ from another school making its current cost of attendance a bit better, but more of the UC money is merit so over four years UC likely less cost to attend.
Post edited by NEMom1 on

Replies to: Comparing aid offers

• kittycatwindowkittycatwindow Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
    The money that isn't merit money from Ursinus probably would go down just as the Muhlenberg grant aid would go down once your daughter graduates. I asked the same question there when I went to visit after my acceptance, and I was told that it would be likely to change when the number of people in college changed.

The two are very nice choices. I applied and was accepted to both, with a VERY generous merit scholarship at Ursinus and nothing at Muhlenberg. After financial aid was taken into account, however, Muhlenberg was still more affordable for me.

Is there a significant difference between the two packages?

If not, it should really be a matter of which place you/your son feel is the best fit.
  • NEMom1NEMom1 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Hey, KCW, looks like we have been moving in the same circles! S has decided on Ursinus after visit at Gettysburg yesterday. Gettysburg is the loveliest school I have seen, though that could also be a function of the beauty of that spring day -- but was just not a good fit for S. UC will be great for him.

His twin sister will be the happy student at Muhlenberg next year. Nice for me, though not at all relevant to their choice, that they will be so close together.
This discussion has been closed.