Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

How slim are my chances of being accepted into Vanderbilt?

Harlan95Harlan95 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
edited August 2013 in Vanderbilt University
I'm a high school senior, my current GPA is 3.905, and my class rank is 19 out of 143 (Hopefully, if I do good this year I can change that a little bit).

I've taken 3 AP Classes (Only 3 offered at my school, unless you do more through APEX, which I didn't know about until after this school year had already started).

Most of my other classes have been CP (college preparation).

I've also had 7 dual-credit college classes.

I'm a member of the Beta Club, FCA , HOSA, and Pep Club; and I'm also planning on running track this year.

I've had no foreign languages.

I know this isn't great compared to a lot of others on here, but I come from a very small school with very few options. If I'm able to raise my ACT to at least a 32, if not more, what are my chances of being accepted into Vanderbilt? I would really appreciate some answers.
Post edited by Harlan95 on

Replies to: How slim are my chances of being accepted into Vanderbilt?

• Go9ersjrhGo9ersjrh Registered User Posts: 395 Member
    At the panel for 1st years' parents this year, we were told that 95% of the 31,000 applicants according to the admissions office were capable academically to attend Vanderbilt. Hearing that, it's hard for anyone to tell you what your chances are to be admitted to Vandy. Focus on making sure your application reflects who you are and how you can contribute to Vanderbilt. Then you've done your best.
  • Harlan95Harlan95 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Okay, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.