Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

On campus jobs

anlb2016anlb2016 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
What are some good jobs on campus for a freshman?

Also which would be better to work at: the Vanderbilt laundry service or campus dining? What are pros and cons of each job?

Replies to: On campus jobs

• fdgjfgfdgjfg Registered User Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2016
    I would get a job chillin at a desk somewhere, like the library, saratt, the rec, the med center, etc. Then you can study when you work. Or if you're a science major you could get a research position through work study. It might be hard to get one of those as a freshman since you don't have grades yet, but people still do.
  • Senior2016MSenior2016M Registered User Posts: 368 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm an incoming freshman too, and I got a job as a research assistant at one of the medical centers by applying over the summer, as a FWS position. Go to HireADore and they list several job opportunities. Many will have gone I would think but several will still pop up throughout the year.
  • 2VU06092VU0609 Registered User Posts: 3,407 Senior Member
    One of mine worked in the office of undergraduate admissions for several years (and one summer). Loved it!
This discussion has been closed.