Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Vanderbilt University Class of 2023 Early Decision II Thread

167891012»

Replies to: Vanderbilt University Class of 2023 Early Decision II Thread

• KittywittyKittywitty Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    edited February 17
    Wait do you guys think it’d be a sane idea if I request for my admissions file? Or idk anything?
    Like how do you know if for instance maybe something was incorrect with your profile but not on your part i.e incorrect transcripts uploaded etc?
    Although ah it’s so late into Feb, even if there is something wrong and I notify all other colleges, idk if it’ll help 😭
  • KittywittyKittywitty Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Also, I read online you could ask for a re-evaluation of your admissions decision, but is that even true ?? 😐
  • tennessee1873tennessee1873 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    One's visit Vanderbilt has no bearing on admissions decision. They do not track demonstrated interest.

I have heard from multiple people that Vanderbilt is known to be the most selective Early Decision II school in the country. It is the highest ranked school that has EDII.

I have also always known that Vanderbilt is very thorough in their decision making process. Although I think one can technically ask for a re-evaluation, it is highly highly unlikely that it would change anything. Especially considering they still haven't released Regular Decision decisions.

I don't think people realize how selective Vanderbilt really is. I think it is often compared to other schools in the southeast or in the SEC that are not nearly as competitive as Vandy. Only 9% of applicants were admitted last year. That is insanely low. There are just not enough spots for the number of applicants.

The college decision process will work out for all of you in the end. I know it doesn't seem like that now.
  • NewPoster123NewPoster123 Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    @tennessee1873 university of chicago has ED2 and it is higher ranked. But I agree with everything else you said. It is incredibly hard to get into Vanderbilt. And yes, ED2 is the most selective in the country (I think harder than UChicago ED2).
  • T20hopeful2023T20hopeful2023 Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    Has Vandy released their ED (I & II) stats for class of 2023?
  • FilledWithHopeFilledWithHope Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't think those stats have been released yet
  • T20hopeful2023T20hopeful2023 Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    They gave the acceptance rate (19.8%, down from 20.5% last year) but not the number of applicants.
  • FilledWithHopeFilledWithHope Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Vanderbilt normally admits right over 1600 kids (1602, and 1606) in the last two years. They also admit right around 54% of the freshman class through both ED rounds (54% and 53% for the last two years). Since we know 19.8% were admitted through this year's ED rounds, we can make a good rough estimate of the total applicants. By my calculations, that gives us a total of around 4300 - 4400 applicants for ED this year. Having said that, there were 4140 ED applicants last year and 3597 the previous year. Maybe I am off and there is a larger jump in the number of applicants this year this year than the number I estimated which wouldn't surprise me at all. All of the top schools are seeing a larger pool from which to choose ED applicants from and admit rates are down across the board as a result.
  • student5430student5430 Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    what day is VANDY coming out?????
167891012»