right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. Due to very high demand we will be streaming the event on our Facebook page. Let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Cooper Union is rumored to release decisions today (4/1). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Vanderbilt Class of 2024 RD Discussion

Ultra39w85Ultra39w85 164 replies8 threads Junior Member
Hey everyone! Didn't see one of these threads, so decided to make one! Wishing everyone the best!
edited March 23
612 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Vanderbilt Class of 2024 RD Discussion

• Ultra39w85Ultra39w85 164 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Did anyone get a National Merit letter from Vanderbilt in the mail? I didn't put it in on my application, so how would they know I am NMSF?
    · Reply · Share
  • mtmom3girlsmtmom3girls 90 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My daughter received it. They get the information from College Board like all the other schools. My daughter has received them from a lot of schools, including ones she didn't apply to or list on the Common App.
    · Reply · Share
  • WillowMomWillowMom 33 replies5 threads Junior Member
    My daughter did not receive one, but she is a NMSF - may I ask what it said?
    · Reply · Share
  • User7122001User7122001 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Has anyone received an interview notification yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • TrendaLeighTrendaLeigh 191 replies25 threads Junior Member
    @willow mom, I don't have the letter in front of me, but it congratulated the student on their achievement, encouraged them to consider Vandy, and stated that, if admitted, they would receive a 5k scholarship.

Hoping it provides a slight bump in admissions chances, although I realize many NMF get rejected.

@User712201, No interview notifications here.
    · Reply · Share
  • Darcy123Darcy123 436 replies7 threads Member
    @User7122001 My daughter interviewed back in December. She was contacted by an alum within 48 hours of submitting her application. There was a separate form on the portal to request an interview - did you fill that out?
    · Reply · Share
  • elena13elena13 1025 replies16 threads Senior Member
    Just want to say that many accepted students do not get interviews. We live in an area where there are a lot of alumni and my S19 didn't get an interview, even though he applied in November. The AO assured him it would not affect his application negatively. He was accepted RD.
    · Reply · Share
  • v6racerzv6racerz 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Chance me for Vandy:
    1500 SAT
    42/45 IB Predicted
    ECs: Designed a custom flying car, did a car design course in Italy and an engineering course in 9th grade, Community Service Coordinator for Student Council, leader of a drone curriculum project in my school.
    Studying in an international school in India.
    · Reply · Share
  • threechimneysthreechimneys 27 replies8 threads Junior Member
    @v6racerz no one can give you an accurate response bc this is such a crap shoot, but those are impressive stats so good luck. I'm sure you'll end up somewhere great!
    · Reply · Share
  • v6racerzv6racerz 3 replies0 threads New Member
    @threechimneys Thanks man. Anyone get any notification for the CoRPs interviews? I haven't got any yet and I'm a bit concerned.
    · Reply · Share
  • ohnoitsmeohnoitsme 194 replies2 threads Junior Member
    edited January 24
    @v6racerz I haven't gotten anything and I applied in November (RD, just had the essay done early and figured why not).

Did anyone here apply for merit scholarships? If so, do you know if we should be expecting anything regarding those?
    edited January 24
    · Reply · Share
  • TrendaLeighTrendaLeigh 191 replies25 threads Junior Member
    @ohnoitsme, the web site says mid-March. No notifications here either. .
    · Reply · Share
  • ohnoitsmeohnoitsme 194 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @TrendaLeigh Thanks! I guess we'll have to wait and see
    · Reply · Share
  • blondeboynjblondeboynj 99 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Chance Me

1500 SAT
    690 US SATII
    680 Math 2 SATII

ACT
    Highest Super Score: 32
    “Super-Scored” Avg: 33
    Highest Math: 32
    Highest Science: 30
    Highest Reading: 34
    Highest Grammar: 34

GPA: Weighted 4.3, Unweighted 3.8

6 APs (Junior Yr: APUSH, Human Geo, Enviro, Senior: Spanish, Calc AB, Gov) [our school doesn’t let you take APs until Sr yr)

School StudCo Historian, Model UN Officer, Debate Team Co Founder & Varsity Captain

Internship with 2018 Congressional campaign

Very competitive, small public high school

Applying for International Relations/Poli Sci/etc
    · Reply · Share
  • User7122001User7122001 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Yesterday I was invited to apply for the Ingram Scholarship as they saw that my application was a "potential fit". Are emails like this common or should I take it as a possible consideration for acceptance?
    · Reply · Share
  • HokieCrazyHokieCrazy 418 replies2 threads Member
    Yesterday I was invited to apply for the Ingram Scholarship as they saw that my application was a "potential fit". Are emails like this common or should I take it as a possible consideration for acceptance?

That's odd, because I think the deadline to apply has passed.
    · Reply · Share
    Does anybody know whether Vanderbilt requires mid-term grades for Regular Decision applicants?
    · Reply · Share
  • collegehunt2017collegehunt2017 30 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @HokieCrazy I called about this. I was told if they want them they will ask for them, but if you feel like they improve your application you can email them to your area rep.
    · Reply · Share
    @HokieCrazy I called about this. I was told if they want them they will ask for them, but if you feel like they improve your application you can email them to your area rep.

Got it, thanks.
    · Reply · Share
  • sassycassie5896sassycassie5896 57 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hey guys! Did any of you apply for any of the merit scholarships? (Ingram, Chancellor, etc.) If so, do you know when we're supposed to hear back, or can you post on here if you get an email or anything regarding it?
    · Reply · Share